Monday, November 12, 2012

Shoe Bop

It was all about shoes (and boots and sandals and slippers) at storytime today. We had a dusting of snow so we could talk about wearing boots outside and shoes inside.
Shoe-be-doo-be-doo-wop!

Books We Shared
"Two Shoes, Blue Shoes, New Shoes!" by Fitz-Gibbon
"Shoe Baby" by Dunbar
"Botas Nuevas (New Boots)" by Van Genechten
"Whose Shoes?" by Hines

A Silly Chant We Shared (and I showed photos of different types of shoes) :
Late last night,
When I was asleep,
Someone put funny shoes on my feet!
I walked here,
I walked there,
I walked almost everywhere!
But at the end of the night,
My shoes were too tight,
So I took them off, and wiggled my toes,
And my feet felt all right ...
We ended with a horse shoe, which of course people can't wear ...

Flannel Story
Finally! Pete the Cat made an appearance at the end of storytime with his groovy white shoes ...















For you Flannel Friday-ers out there, this was my first attempt using Puffy Paint (Tulip brand) -- here's how some of the more successful shoes turned out. The smaller the shoes got, the more difficult it became ... you may also notice from the above photo that I modified the story a bit. I changed the story from Pete stepping "into a bucket of water" (what?) to having rain fall down and washing all the colors off to return his shoes to white at the end.

4 comments:

  1. This is fabulous! I love Pete the Cat. great job ~ jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. You included some of my favourite books for storytime - next time I do shoes storytime I am definitely doing your footwear chant

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the shoe theme...come to think of it, I love shoes! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job on the puffy paint! (Plus, I always love Pete the Cat.)

    ReplyDelete